Nusilme Forum Index
  ChatChat  ChatPreets Blog  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Battle fleet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Verdion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Battle fleet Reply with quote

allright, i have a question. I constructed a bunch ships atm. like 10 frigates and about 8 cruisers. When im done fitting weaps on it would it be enough to start a fight with some others? i dont have shields yet,. should i wait till i have m? or can someone deliver about 20 smaller shields maybe? (no idea what they cost)
another question is about invading a planet. If i invade a planet, do i get the planet or just stay on it till the enemy got more soldiers?

Verdion out
Starrchild

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly sure on this Verd but I believe the first "fighting" ship is the nighthawk, with a reasonable shield and small weapons, you can take down reaper scanners easily, but noting else except others probes which are mining.

Frigates, Cruisers and Destroyers are really not much use for fighting. My destroyers are my mining vessels, because of the extra slots which I use for cargo.

As for troops I don't use them, had a load which were destroyed when I got invaded and never did them again. I cannot see the point yet in having more, if I want to invade someone else's planet, I think I need a larger ship with troop carriers and cargo holds.

What I have done is construct a shit load of little ships on each planet which have 1 GM Advanced engine, 1 wincom laser, 1 Medium laser, 2 ATS Resilience and 1 standard resilience shields. These go up when i,m attacked. Not much else I can do to protect myself till I can get a better ship than the nighthawk for fighting.

My Nighthawks on the other hand have
Chassis
GRT 40 GRT (1.641 / 2.250)
Cells 40 / 40
Resilience / Shield 479 / 100
Attack
0 / 50 / 35
Impulse / Warp 2.275 / 4.800
Fuel / Consumption 15.000 / 3.3
Construction time 14:12:41
Best I can do with what I have and can make myself and I have 4 of them in 1 Fleet.

Answer for me is bunker and mine, keep everything I need for building bunkered and have the excess of the rest up for vendoring whilst building and researching non stop.

I'm sure Kale will set me right if i'm wrong

Shiroma lrm 60
Starburst Minstrel 60
Starlighter Hunter 60
Starfighter Captain 60
Starsprite Guardian 38 = kin banker
Kalessin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the first question is hard for me to answer really. It primarily depends on who you were planning on fighting?

Fighting other players is risky, plus it might put our empire in a poor position. Added to that is the fact that you don't know what another player has... you can roughly tell from his starting date what his best tech must be, but if others supplied him with goods... who's to say what you'll be facing?

Against Reapers, you don't stand much of a chance with your current fleet to fight anything beyond Scanner I'm afraid. My fleet of 12 Nighthawks managed to destroy a Pack without too much structural damage, but I wouldn't recommend sending less firepower to deal with them.

On the whole, I wouldn't recommend you do much fighting yet, unless there is some pesky tech-wise equal or worse neighbour who you want to teach a lesson or two. I personally built about 20 Frigates (just to have *something* to defend myself with), and then realized they would not be strong enough to defend me from the people who would want to touch me anyway (think large players, with capital ships)... so I trashed em again. I now have 12 Nighthawks, and have 4 more in construction... they're good frames, I can upgrade the parts as I go Smile. I'm building a few more every couple of days too, demolishing Frigates as I go to free up GRT.

Chassis-wise, you're right Shir. While everything from Lancer to Nighthawk is strictly speaking a Fighter chassis, the first chassis that (in my opinion) really is an option to use as a battle ship is the Nighthawk. Assuming that you use a shield for a combat ship (5 cells) and both warp and impulse engines (doesn't have to require much, but usually at least 10 cells for the lot), you hardly have cells left to put weapons in. The Cruiser, while large cell-wise, has a rather low resilience rating and also has rather poor maneuverability for a fighter. I personally only use Cruisers as utility ships, like freighters, or miners (because of their size and good performance on warp speeds). Frigates are an okay choice early on (see link at the bottom to compare impulse and warp performance with other ships), but with only 10 cells out of 25 to use for weapons... is it worth it? Only you can decide Smile.

Small shields are sold in the auction house for about 25k a piece (the 25MW ones, even though they cost only 7500 to make... talk about a nice profit margin!). I wouldn't recommend using larger than that for a Frigate. Don't fight without em, the costs of repairing your ships' structural damage are horrible. They need the third capital ship chassis to become available for research (which is about 2-3 weeks away for me), if you need them then I can make them for you... until then, I don't think anyone in Nusilme has the tech to make them.

As for invasions, you will need several capital ships to pull off any form of invasion as the smallest troop transport you can get is 40 cells (for 20k troops). When you raid a planet, you basically have two options:
    Raid it, and steal a part of the resources that are not bunkered up (this is restricted to 4 resources per soldier);

Occupy it, and gain 10% of the production of that planet for up to seven days. After that, if you haven't moved your troops away, they will get rid of their weapons and live on the planet.

So in short, you don't get to say what the buildings do or anything... you can get some resources (either by raid or occupation), but that's it. Most players choose to raid a planet, and then move on to the next (and actually have a list with planets to rob once every week).

Anyway, way too much writing for me! Do with it what you will Smile.

Useful chassis link for looksie-ing and comparing: http://eu2fansite.wetpaint.com/page/The+Chassis
Verdion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, thnx for the replies guys. usefull indeed. as for now ill leave the ships w/o weapons. later on ill deside.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nusilme Forum Index -> The Empire All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: