Nusilme Forum Index
  ChatChat  ChatPreets Blog  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

traits setup hunter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Verdion

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: traits setup hunter Reply with quote

For the heavy hunters in the kin. Im having a lil trouble setting my traits up.
Can i have a trait setup here for dmg and cc pls?
thnx
Verdion
Anaranas
Tūr

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a hunter so can prob ignore me but im a trait fanatic so i study every classes traits trying to work out the best for my styles and im a fan of the 4 blue traits 3 red for hunter think the blue ones have the intent concentration and the -focus cost stuff while for damage having the +focus with crits and stuff like tht would come in handy Smile thats just my non huntery perspective so dunno how it works in practice but ive seen a few hunters use this

Tar Kathar, Tur o Nusilme

kitabras
Caun

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ana your also an idiot so verdion i think the fair course of action is to do the opposite of everything hes suggested.

From my point of view - I am utterly and completely clueless. Fair few useless hunters in the kin who I am sure can help (or listen to ana - sometimes he gets lucky Laughing )
fanrieth

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have 6 red & 1 blue, its a matter of what works for you & also if your group or solo m8

Ignore Ana fleet stance is complete waste of space IMO
Cool burn is handy when its needed ide suggest 4 red
Starrchild

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Tip for hunters. Reply with quote

I saw a jolly hunter
with a jolly gun
Walking in the country
In the jolly sun

In the jolly meadow
sat a jolly hare
saw the jolly hunter
took jolly care

Hunter jolly eager
sight of jolly prey
forgot gun pointing
wrong jolly way(!)

Jolly hunter jolly head
over heels gone
jolly old safety catch
not jolly on!

Bang! went the jolly gun
Hunter jolly dead
Jolly prey* got clean away
Jolly good I said

Shiroma lrm 60
Starburst Minstrel 60
Starlighter Hunter 60
Starfighter Captain 60
Starsprite Guardian 38 = kin banker
Anaranas
Tūr

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pfft fine ill stop giving advice when ppl ask ¬_¬
i saw majority of hunters with the stuff i put (i inspect 90% of ppl i pass) so was just giving my opinion ¬_¬

Verdion

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, more or less ana, u r the one with any usefull info with fan... thanks..Smile

Kit: hush! :p
Starr:
nice verse! Very Happy
Galandrion
Caun

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely enough, Ana has offered the best advice here - assuming you want to solo and attack more than one mob at once and live to attack another.

If you are looking to maximise burst damage, retire your hunter and roll a runekeeper.

If you want to maximise sustained DPS, 3BM, 4HM is the way to go otherwise power loss will kill you. This way you can run in strength stance without having to stop and run every 2 minutes.

Currently I run with Critical Eye ( for ranged Crit) , Swift and True (to mitigate the nerf), Hail of Arrows (for the added crit when its usable) in BM; Arrow Storm and Strong Draw (maximises DPS from available focus), Swift Recovery and Resolute Aim ( work together to reduce the impact of being in melee range of a mob which happens more since the nerf) in HM.

In Legendary I have Rain of Thorns and Bards Arrow (for the CC), and Press Onward (because with 4 HM it is usable in combat and gives a big heal and power boost which is needed much more often since the nerf).

This is my solo build. When doing watcher I go 5,2,1 BM,TF,HM to maximise DPS vs ICPR ( only doable with a LM to power you).

Haven't worked out the best build for the turtle yet - so far I either run out of power or get too much aggro, so I have to switch stances constantly; so wish I hadn't dumped my aggro-reducing bow now!
Anaranas
Tūr

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOAHAHAHAHAH! suck on that one!

Flintryth

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your running out of power and grabbing agro your doing something wrong.

Hunters have from recall 3 ways to gain power back, and also have a few ways to lower threat in such a way you can reduce agro and lose it.

suk on that ana Laughing

the point of the 4 or 5 red is that you can be in STR and maximise damage and not gain agro if you are using the right skills at the right time (its what QS is there for)
tomx
Caun

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol oh god flin, why put fuel on the fire

in my opinion ignore anything ana says, and listen to galandrion.. although i always ran my hunter with a daft setup, but still could out dps most i reckon, i dont understand why more hunters dont use the focus reduction trait for penetrating shot...
fanrieth

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did also say its all about personel choice, depending on solo/group play.

I have no problem with 3-4 mobs at a time with the traits i have slotted. only time i struggle for power is in strength stance in a raid, i do all the solo instances (los) in strength & have never ran out of power in there yet.
Galandrion
Caun

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flintryth wrote:

the point of the 4 or 5 red is that you can be in STR and maximise damage and not gain agro if you are using the right skills at the right time (its what QS is there for)

QS only reduces aggro in Endurance stance, in Strength stance it slows the mob, which is why I mentioned the constant stance-switching. Beneath Notice is the only effective method for dropping/reducing aggro while in Strength stance and that has quite a long cooldown - even with the legendary trait for reducing it.

I think the problem with the turtle may be the necessity to 'swap' tanks, which causes the hunter to occasionally be higher up in the threat table than they normally would. I don't know much about tanks' threat generation skills though so I may have that all wrong.
tomx
Caun

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think part of the problem gal is that tanks can either do dps (lol) or tank, theres no real middle ground

and as the fight is a dps race, the first part of the fight they are undoubtedly spamming damage skills and not generating as much threat as the hunters/champs etc

champs are there to facilitate the agro management, just very few actually do that
Flintryth

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomx wrote:
i think part of the problem gal is that tanks can either do dps (lol) or tank, theres no real middle ground

and as the fight is a dps race, the first part of the fight they are undoubtedly spamming damage skills and not generating as much threat as the hunters/champs etc

champs are there to facilitate the agro management, just very few actually do that

ya right there tom, all i can say is Ebbing Ire FTW <G> any champ that dont use it is surely a crap champ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nusilme Forum Index -> Class Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: