Nusilme Forum Index
  ChatChat  ChatPreets Blog  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Ion Cannons ftw?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madolph
Chief of Intelligence

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Ion Cannons ftw? Reply with quote

Ohhh deep joy - at last the research is done...

...oh bollox they are 15 spaces in size - feck - means u cant get one and a decent pair of engines in a frigate!

Arse!

First Officer Hucker Out Exclamation
Badolph - Burglar (60)
Midgelo- Minstrel (60)
Daftolph - Warden (60)
Kenny - RK (60)
Bevoir - Hunter (60)
Beviston - Captain (60)
Kalessin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing that I will have Cruisers (40 slots) in four days! Very Happy

Ion cannons do appear to be the shit though... when one of the 'big guys' killed my miner, he used a fleet with nine big ass capital ships with only Ions, and just one ship that actually did the damage. Basically he used nine ships to prevent others from being able to fire at him (since ions damage the aiming unit in a cannon), and pricked the opposing ships empty with little more than a pin.

Might be worth trying out Smile.
Madolph
Chief of Intelligence

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So bundled lasers is the way forward perhaps?

Doing destroyer chassis now - was going for whatever's after gmt3 and basic armour next - or should I press ahead with chassis?

13days to RC7 btw - needing 2 more researchers - they getting hard to get cheap now...

Badolph - Burglar (60)
Midgelo- Minstrel (60)
Daftolph - Warden (60)
Kenny - RK (60)
Bevoir - Hunter (60)
Beviston - Captain (60)
sweepie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my research has a problem with too many mixed researchers, its taking me forever to get anywhere.

Started on Heavy laser ( i think!) and progressing at 5% per day - with three researchers.
So, how do i buy researchers to try and replace the mess i have now? everything seems to cost a fortune on the auction system, generally costing above what i can pay.

Also hucks, which research option gives destroyer please? I only have one chassis option for research and it doesn't mention destroyer Sad
Kalessin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Great Warship' gives Destroyer, the names of the ships are often not mentioned (which makes sense, when you start researching you're not exactly sure what you're going to end up with Smile).

Buying researchers won't have to be too expensive, but it will take you months to fully sort them out. However, if you focus on one or two types of research you'll get results within the week.

Basically what you want is a researcher (any race) that has no points in anything yet. With some patience you should be able to get some of these for 4-5k, although they do seem more expensive recently. Then using your University, you train them up in just one specialty.

To fund this, you could sell one of your mixed researchers and hope someone pays a good amount of money for it Smile.

Make sure you also check that wetpaint website I've been posting every now and again, it gives exact stats about what stuff costs to make, and what you get for it... really a great help in figuring out a research plan.
Madolph
Chief of Intelligence

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also sweepie I got confused with researchers suddenly seeming to get skills I didn't want them have...

...it seems they gain skill not just from the university but also from researching a topic. Also the gain isn't linear - it's a scale based on lvl and difficulty of research so reserching 1 topic doesn't necessarily = 1 point of skill gain in that topic as you get to higher levels...

...easy to confuse an 'olph Hucker Laughing

You need to keep em pure for best results - no doubt about it.

atm I get new virgin researchers for about 5-7k - back in the first few weeks u could get em for a few hundred - ho hum - the auctions that finish in the middle of the night or the mid afternoon seem to be most successful for me.

Good luck my friend Smile

Badolph - Burglar (60)
Midgelo- Minstrel (60)
Daftolph - Warden (60)
Kenny - RK (60)
Bevoir - Hunter (60)
Beviston - Captain (60)
Kalessin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Research also gives your chaps experience, yes... and when a research finishes and a new one commences, it automatically equips the researchers that are most fit for the job (as in, have the most points in that specialty already).

All of the researches give points behind the comma (so basically a researcher could go from 7.3 in Chassis to 7.7 in Chassis) when finishing one research, but you'd never know it Smile. During my research one time, I had three level 7 researchers on a project, and when it finished two went to level 8 and the third didn't.
kitabras
Caun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold one of my mixed bag researchers for 100k. there are plenty going for a lot more
Starrchild

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When training researches opt for new and train in 1 area, because they are at the basic level they not only cost less to train but train up faster Than the skilled high level ones.

Shiroma lrm 60
Starburst Minstrel 60
Starlighter Hunter 60
Starfighter Captain 60
Starsprite Guardian 38 = kin banker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nusilme Forum Index -> The Empire All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: