Nusilme Forum Index
  ChatChat  ChatPreets Blog  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

Few Facts and Figures

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starrchild

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Few Facts and Figures Reply with quote

Found that bidding on the AH, 1st thing in the morning is more successful that during the day or evening. Seems there is less online to outbid you.

Good way to make money is to mine and trade off what you don't need.

Communication center above 4 will alert you to attacks.

An idea on what you need for bunkers below.

For a bunker to level 5 you need 150k iron, 150K Krypton and 15k nitrogen. gives a storage 1.000.000. Takes 5 days

Level 6 bunker its up to 216k Iron, 216k Krypton, and 21.600 Nitrogen, Takes 10 days.

Research Center to 7 takes 14 days.

Shiroma lrm 60
Starburst Minstrel 60
Starlighter Hunter 60
Starfighter Captain 60
Starsprite Guardian 38 = kin banker
Starrchild

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Somewhere to hide and ambush Reply with quote

Another fact you might not have already sussed out is that you can hide behind the sun in each solar system. Very handy if you want to catch someone unaware.

Co-ordinates are those of the system you are in with 52, 52,52,

So for me to hide behind my sun I would send my ships to 3047.52.52.52. Ships hidden behind your sun cannot be seen even if you swivel the rest of the solar system.

Shiroma lrm 60
Starburst Minstrel 60
Starlighter Hunter 60
Starfighter Captain 60
Starsprite Guardian 38 = kin banker
tomx
Caun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh btw the ion canon things dont do any damage, they're not meant to, they disable electric systems of the ships your hitting, so engines/shields etc..
Kalessin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, they're not meant to do hull damage. From what I understood, their main use is to disable shields and targeting mechanisms for weapons (effectively making the opponent unable to return fire). Possibly also engines, to disrupt the maneuverability of the opposing fleet. No one really knows how exactly they work, but general consensus is that you do need a few in every fleet.

In fact, one of my miners was once destroyed by a guy who had a fleet of 8 massive capital ships, seven of which contained only ion cannons. Their job was to make sure that the opponents wouldn't be able to fire back, while the eighth ship picked off the opposition one by one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nusilme Forum Index -> The Empire All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: