Nusilme Forum Index
  ChatChat  ChatPreets Blog  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

New pricing structure
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deletedNoob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: New pricing structure Reply with quote

not entirely sure what this means but worth a look

http://community.lotro-europe.com/news.php?id=10651&pagename=news&type=news

i cant decide whether its a last gasp or a new lease of life Shocked
Anaranas
Tūr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy fuck they're getting desperate, saying "yey new players" "fuck you old players" lol

also monster play will be VIP only, that will kinda destroy pvp will it not (if its not already dead) as alot less people that own the game will have access to it

Tar Kathar, Tur o Nusilme

Flintryth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone that is curently in a price structure or Lifetime become VIP automaticly.
If you lapse on a payment from your plan youll become a premium member which will then mean youll have to pay to upgrade to vip again (im not sure if that means you either pay just a month subs and get it again or if youll pay through the shop for a vip package)

but the benifits are really good at mo, getting 500 points a month till its launch and beyond.

This means that you can save up your points to buy the expansions and save 20 quid. All updates etc are still free to a vip.

For those that dont know theres still a £75 offer for lifetime so its still really worth it to get this while possible
Galandrion
Caun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like a win situation for all current lifetimers/subbers. We get all that we get now plus bonus points for being VIP.

There is obviously some concern about the kind of player that ftp attracts, but if you look at the detail, the game is so restricted as ftp that its little more than a demo. So VIPs will only come into contact with people who have put their hands in their (or their parent's) pockets anyway.

I'll be quite happy to pay a small sum for extra bags, bank space etc., indeed I already did so when buying the SoM Adventurer pack.

The only real bad thing about this is that it has pushed the release of new content back to the Autumn.

In Other News....

Quote:
In late 2010 and into 2011, we’re going to be working on improvements to the Item Advancement / Legendary Items system, to Radiance, and to the monster play system.

Wonder if they'll get it right this time? Radiance pots in the Lotro store?
kitabras
Caun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well bit of a surprise its happened so early but i think the model works pretty well with DDO so should be ok for LOTR.

What to do with all my points though. Personally I still think there is a lack of content for high end toons in LOTR.

As I am slowly lvling in DDO I think its where I'll stay. Will spend my 3 gazzillion points on LOTR once I ahve ran out of content here, possibly.
Anaranas
Tūr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been reading alot about it today and on forums seen alot from current DDO players who say it really does help the game and makes it work so i am now swaying towards hopefulness, and tbh i am will gal i would pay a little bit for some extra bank space ect if needed and hoping that the extra money they get from all the addicts who spend a fortune with this kind of system will maybe increase the level of content we get each update as the last one was abysmal to say the least. looking forward to these supposed improvements to item advancement/radience and monster play hopefully will be change for the better.

btw flin been looking into the points and from what ive seen on one of the pages to be eligable for the 500 points a month up till its release for the amercans anyway they must have atleast 1 days playtime per month for that to be eligable,
Link : http://www.lotro.com/support/policies/loyaltyreward/?roi=echo4-9467350710-7859667-cf4c7d39b533d528e3eb9fb923e10e8d&utm_source=EDM_June10&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=F2PAnnounce&referral=119907&skip=1

Flintryth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anaranas wrote:

btw flin been looking into the points and from what ive seen on one of the pages to be eligable for the 500 points a month up till its release for the amercans anyway they must have atleast 1 days playtime per month for that to be eligable,
Link : http://www.lotro.com/support/policies/loyaltyreward/?roi=echo4-9467350710-7859667-cf4c7d39b533d528e3eb9fb923e10e8d&utm_source=EDM_June10&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=F2PAnnounce&referral=119907&skip=1

Aye it is 500 points from now till launch + there a bonus for loyalty too. If i recall right you can get up to 4000 or so points to spend on launch day depending on the loyalty factor for us in the EU
deletedNoob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does that mean we can buy all the good stuff without running endless instances and raids? would like that tbh as im bored of them after a few runs.

in fact it would be great, bye bye current kiddie kin and hello peace Razz and no more healing pugs either in my spare time. get kitted out and farm creeps with no grinding? surely it wont be so?
Anaranas
Tūr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunatly no they said the stuff from high end instances/raids would be gained only from said instances and raids as its about adventure and not how much money you have. so all you old bastards with jobs cant get all the loot us poor students have to grind for! they said most stuff in the Lotro Store will be about convenience not advantage, ie buffs,cosmetic ect ect. that might change later on but prob not for a year or so to see how much money they are gaining, ie if its not enough they'll prob put loot on it also so ppl will spend more money at the store

deletedNoob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah figured it would be some useless shit like that. still not raiding though unless they do a decent one. BG is a pile of shite and its no fun without the endless noobsilme drama in the background.

nowadays its all

"yeah im having a pizza"
"pizza ftw!"
"chuck norris ftw!"
"chuck ftl lol"
"ive got some cookies!"
"cookies ftw!"

You have left the Kinship chat channel.
Anaranas
Tūr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol clearly without me there to hold back chuck norris (yes i can) and pizza conversations its all gone down the shitter Wink tbh all im hoping for from this new sceme is that the game provides me with updates for say 6months max... hopefully in time for SW:TOR ! as i have recently been absolutely bored i saw Star Trek online for 20quid so throught wth might aswell try it for 30days, its a good game space combat was incredibly hard and fun navigating lots of skills as well as every weapon, untill some bitch in the fleet(kinship) im in had to go ruin it and tell me if i click space it fires all my phasers and you can right click on the torpedo button and it will set them to auto fire. so now its abit more dull as ive gotten a ship with to many weapons to manage them all without this method and pressing space while 1 other button now and again starting to annoy me so doubt i would pay to play it after 30days are over. the ground combat is acceptable but it was never gonna be a huge thing in a star trek game anyway. as for the pvp, well lets just say its usually 5v5 or 10v10 ships/ground and all klingons start with cloaks (not figured how to get for federation yet) and all work together (clearly more veteren players play klingon over federation) while federation ppl come in at lvl 1 of the current command level (ie leutenant 1, lt.com 1, commander 1, capt 1 , once you reach lvl 10 next lvl up premotes you to next command level) and wander about aimlessly looking for CLOAKED ships and getting the shit kicked out of them while i try get a group together... even if you manage to get some of the people to work together the klingons usually are higher leveled coming it at the ranks of 8/9 of each command level and are just genuinly better players so its abit unbalanced in that respect, will continue to play untill time runs out and hopefully reach the rank of Admiral currently just hit captain rank and got me a shiney new Envoy Class (cooler looking Galaxy Class (picards enterprise from series) ) anyway enough of that rant!, Roll on Lotro F2P !

kitabras
Caun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Deleted Noob. Come play DDO. its free (mostly), more flexible classes and i've not seen chuck norris mentioned once yet
Galandrion
Caun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitabras wrote:

What to do with all my points though. Personally I still think there is a lack of content for high end toons in LOTR.

Will spend my 3 gazzillion points on LOTR once I ahve ran out of content here, possibly.

Be sure to log in to Lotro once a month though, or you won't get the points!
deletedNoob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm overpowered invisible organised baddies against overzealous scatterbrained noobcake goodies. that sounds like a familiar pvp setup Rolling Eyes

ill have a look at DDO although it looks like diet lotro from what ive seen.

its Luka btw in case you hadnt guessed, someone deleted my user profile and made me Crying or Very sad . can probably guess who, well at least with 50% accuracy.
kitabras
Caun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In many ways it has more depth than LOTR - though the PVP is apparently awful.

quests are varied and more fun though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nusilme Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: