Nusilme Forum Index
  ChatChat  ChatPreets Blog  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in 

MMORPG Research

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeriola

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: MMORPG Research Reply with quote

Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well. Really missed you lot Smile. Hope none of you forget me Smile. Anyhooo, I'm currently doing my thesis this year, totally hate it and was hoping you could answer a few questions. The topic is "Botting" in MMORPG's.Your support would be highley appreciated.

Just a little info on what a botting is: Botting, is the practice of using third party programs known as bots, to enable the automation of various gameplay tasks. (example automated farming, bot will farm resources for you)

Could you please answer the questions in the presented order, numbering each of your response.

1. In MMORPGs, what do you deem as cheating, and why?

2. MMORPG’s are intended to be a contest of skill and strategy based on player interaction, what are your thoughts on other players “botting”? Why do you think so?

3. How do you feel “Botting” contributes to your game-play experience? Why do you think so?

4. Why do you suspect other players make use of “bots”?

5. Why do you think “Botting” should be categorized as cheating?

6. Numerous MMORPG’s distributors implemented various anti-cheating tools to disallow the use “Bots” (Blizzard’s warden), what do you suppose triggered Blizzards or any other MMORPG response to implement these tools?

7. Do you think the implemented anti-cheating tools have been effective? Why or why not?

8. How have you responded to other players “Botting”? Why?

9) How has “Botting” affected you and you relationship with other players?

10) How has other players "Botting" your relationship with your MMORPG distributor?

Again your support is highly appreciated
Anaranas
Tűr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure happy to help Smile

1. In MMORPGs, what do you deem as cheating, and why?

Buying Gold with real money (from if the game has banned it)

2. MMORPG’s are intended to be a contest of skill and strategy based on player interaction, what are your thoughts on other players “botting”? Why do you think so?

i personally dont think its fair but at the same time if the person is unable to play much due to real life stuff then maybe using it to level would be ok.... but i still think its abit unfair also the person will not truly learn to play their class properly.

3. How do you feel “Botting” contributes to your game-play experience? Why do you think so?

i personally would not use a bot so it would confuse my gameplay experience as i didnt use one Smile

4. Why do you suspect other players make use of “bots”?

Either people cheating to grind gold to sell online, or the ligitimate people who cannot play much and therefor set up a bot to do things while they are working, it could be either of them i suppose

5. Why do you think “Botting” should be categorized as cheating?

yes, i think more people would be using it to cheat rather than the ligitimate people.

6. Numerous MMORPG’s distributors implemented various anti-cheating tools to disallow the use “Bots” (Blizzard’s warden), what do you suppose triggered Blizzards or any other MMORPG response to implement these tools?

over use of cheating and it causing effects to the larger player base. ie gold farming ruining the economy, mob grinding hindering questing, and ore farming again ruining the econonmy if they selling the ores

7. Do you think the implemented anti-cheating tools have been effective? Why or why not?

they must be quite effective, as i dont think ive ever came across a bot in any mmorpg's ive played

8. How have you responded to other players “Botting”? Why?

with annoyance? as i said i dont think ive came accross it yet, but im sure i'd be annoyed if i saw it

9) How has “Botting” affected you and you relationship with other players?

in no way what so ever (see above)

10) How has other players "Botting" your relationship with your MMORPG distributor?

(see above)

Feel free to fix spelling ect Very Happy but there we go hope it helped Very Happy

Tar Kathar, Tur o Nusilme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nusilme Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: